search

About Me

My photo
My name is Lucinda. I have been an Army wife for 7 years and we are now going to be transitioning to civilian life. I had a forum for military wives but now I decided my time would be better spent blogging to all my fellow wives and how things are going with the transition.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

She will be so sad.....




So my step daughter has been staying with us for about 3 weeks now and next weekend she has to go back to her mom. My 3 year old has come VERY VERY attached to her. She will not do anything without her. It is going to be very hard and very sad for her when she leaves. Its hard for her to understand that she has to go home. What to do??? Maybe I will make it a special day before she leaves and take them both to have a tea party or something so that Gabi can see that she had a good last day with her sister. I think that would make her feel a lot better.
Being a part of a military family where you have to move where they send you is hard when you have step children in another state. It makes me wonder how much more time they will miss together. When we get out of the army in the near future we will also be living in different states... What toll is that going to have on my children? I hope we can make it to where Lexi can visit us as often as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel.It's the same way with my stepkids.When we do get to see them.They get so attached to each other especially the older girls.That is why hubby made it to where we got Knox to be closer to them in Illinois they were just 4 hours away.Then the ex wife got a bug up her butt and moved to Branson making it harder for us to see them.We have it setup where they can talk on the phone and online through webcam.The kids love seeing their brother and sister.It's hard some days when they ask us to visit and we can't with hubby's schedule.I am hoping we get to on leave if we have the money.

    ReplyDelete