search

About Me

My photo
My name is Lucinda. I have been an Army wife for 7 years and we are now going to be transitioning to civilian life. I had a forum for military wives but now I decided my time would be better spent blogging to all my fellow wives and how things are going with the transition.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Things are looking up

So my husband and I had been thing about what career he was going to transition to when he got out of the military. We discussed California Highway Patrol(CHP), Border Patrol(BP), and Texas State Trooper(DPS). All of these departments are on a hiring freeze due to the economy so we had to look at other options. We were on the path of going for Federal Prison Guard at a Maximum Security prison. I was not really liking this idea since it is very dangerous to go and be guarding murderers on life sentences. So anyhow I was learning to deal with this idea since it was the only place that was hiring in law enforcement at the time. 
Well last night I got a call from a friend of ours who is currently a BP agent. He told me that they were hiring for a limited time. I went online and did the application for my husband and got him scheduled to take the written exam.  Her and her husband have been looking out for when hiring is open since this was my husbands 1st choice as a career out of the military! I am so thankful for friends that look out for us and are going to be there for us into this transition. 

If anyones husband is looking for transitioning from military to civilian life and want to go BP here are a few military perks. 
If you are prior military you can claim veteran eligibility for 5 points 
If you have a purple heart or will claim disability you can claim for 10 points. 
These points will go towards your oral board which you will need to get a total of 100 points to be hired and go to the next phase. So you will have a 15 point advantage off the bat. 

So now I have to help me husband study what he needs to take this written exam so that we can have a career path to follow with excellent benefits and income!

 
FOR GOD A THANKFUL PRAYER 
A THANKFUL PRAYER JUST BECAUSE... THANK YOU GOD FOR BEING ALWAYS NEXT TO US. 
 

Today is a special day. Today I feel connected to my source. Today I feel that I am a step closer to what I should and will become. No need to ask for favors, for I know everything comes when the timing is perfect. TODAY, LET US THANK GOD TOGETHER!
Thank you God for giving me another day, another chance to become a better individual, another chance to give and experience love. Thank you God for giving me health, for the food you provide, for the awareness you have awaken in me...Thank you for the energy that feeds my soul, the sun that warms our bodies and the air that fills our lungs... Because of you I believe in the good without the bad and the ugly, because of you I am learning to love and accept myself, because of you I believe in believing. My source, stay connected to me today and always, for I need you in order to fullfil my spiritual tasks...God, show me how to love myself, to be able to love others. Help me become the type of person that I would like to befriend, help me forgive myself and forgive others... God, make me a channel of your energy and help me understand. I thank you God for giving me another day, another unused opportunity to do it right. Keep us all close to you and listen to our prayers.Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww im so excited for you!! And this prayer is awesome. I say one pretty similiar to it, every day when I get up! I have to go get ready for work but Ill jump on here when i get home and read and write some more. Lemme know what happens with his test. I looked at everything last night and Matt is def interested. But idt he can do anythin til he gets back...since he cant go take the oral part etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he would have to wait til he gets back but he can still be active. this way when he gets in he will have a job right away when he gets out

    ReplyDelete