search

About Me

My photo
My name is Lucinda. I have been an Army wife for 7 years and we are now going to be transitioning to civilian life. I had a forum for military wives but now I decided my time would be better spent blogging to all my fellow wives and how things are going with the transition.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The start of a new journey

Today is the start of a new journey. I have decided to close down a forum that I had running for military wives. You ask why I decided to do this.... Well the reason is that I am not about drama nor do I like being talked about behind my back. There were some things being twisted around and I did not want to deal with it. Also to see that I am no longer going to be an army wife but a veterans wife I decided that I needed to put my time and money elsewhere. I loved that site but it was the best thing for me to do. So now I have decided to focus my time on this blog.
I know there are a lot of us as wives that get scared when we hear the words "I am getting out" come from our soldier. I know I was freaking out when my husband told me those words about 6 months ago. It has taken me some time but I am now okay with the fact that we will be transitioning to civilian life. I think it will be a great experience for my husband and my family. We will be able to have more family time and more "us" time. So now I ask myself what does this all mean?? Well I think it means we will be on a different path and have to face some rough times as we transition but we will be okay. We will have to find regular jobs and have regular medical and dental insurances, we will not be able to go to the PX or Commisary, we will not be able to get discounts at Spencers or theme parks anymore. Is giving all this up worth it??To me... yes it is. I will be happy to have my husband in country for the rest of the kids lives, I will be happy to have my husband around for holidays and special occasions. I think after 10 years the army has come first for too long and it is now time for our children to come first.
So as this transition takes place, lets see how many bumps we hit along the way.

6 comments:

  1. Wohoo I found my page. Okay so yes..Im pissed that the forum is closing but its def the right decision. It seems that some ppl will never grow up. I cant wait to read your blogs cuz Im hoping that this time next yr...we'll be going through teh same transition. I will try to post some stuff too but lol since alls i do is work...my blog is gonna be boring. Hahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Linds its okay girl. I am good with it.. I will read anything you write! :) We will meet you in Cali next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well lol i tried to post a new one but the comp keeps lockn up. idk wtf is goin on lol. So Ill try again 2mrw. Im gonna catch up on some Nip/Tuck and readong and hope Hubbs calls. I work early 2mrw so Ill def be on here after work :) Have a great day 2mrw and rest of 2nite. Lol and eat ice cream for me since Im tryin to ween myself. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy I am excited for this new blogging journey. I am sad about the forum but understand also. I can not wait to read what you have coming for us here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx Heidi! I think this will be a good way to express how I am feeling and like Tehlia said if someone doesnt like it then they do not have to read it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. U are very welcome...I could not agree more...I am still trying to figure out how this all works LOL

    ReplyDelete